- One of my wishes in life finally came true.
- I have developed my first (published) Android app, the GTUG Philippines Android App. GTUGers can use the Android app to get updates in the blog and mailing list. It also contains links to the various GTUGPH accounts and sites.
- I have created my first Chrome extension, the GTUG Philippines Chrome Extension. Using this extension, users can view the latest posts in the group blog, the calendar of group events, Twitter feeds and links to the group's web presence.
- I had finally experienced giving a talk to an audience. Last July 20, in the GTUG Philippines' HTML5 and Google Chrome Extensions meetup, I presented and gave a talk entitled "Introduction to Google Chrome Extensions Development." The slides and video are available here.
- I bought my first Android smartphone. Last June, I bought a Google Nexus S smartphone. I wanted an Android phone because I've been becoming to be more serious in Android development. Also, my old Nokia phone is starting to give up on me.
- I had purchased the tigcal.com domain name. I bought tigcal.com from GoDaddy in June and setup Google apps on it. I had also made subdomains, like the one for this blog.
- I had already applied and received my passport. Last August, I went at the DFA Office of Consular Affairs to apply for my passport. The month after, it was delivered at the O&B office.
- I have subscribed to a Globe postpaid plan. Before buying an Android phone, I decided to apply for a postpaid plan from Globe. It was a pretty fast process and I already got my SIM card and free phone on the day of the application itself. I gave the phone to my sister because I planned to buy a smartphone for myself.
- I have finished my first 3k, 5k, 10k and 16k runs. From February to July, I have been consistent in running at least once a week. I have missed running from August to September but I started running/jogging again on October. I have joined four running events this year and the summary of my runs is here. I am looking forward to my next runs on the coming days.
- This year, I had attended and joined a lot of non-work-related activities. This includes the following:
- had an outing with officemates in Puerto Galera (March 26-28)
- went to the Air Supply concert (May 12)
- participated in our company outing at Kabayan Resort, Laiya, Batangas (May 14-15)
- toured Fort Santiago (May 27)
- watched Azkals vs. Sri Lanka Game (July 3)
- watched Romeo and Juliet Play (July 8)
- toured Manila Zoo (August 7)
- watched The Little Shop of Horrors play (August 27)
- I have made some improvements in my daily routine. For a healthier lifestyle, I had stopped drinking softdrinks since March (except when it's mixed with alcoholic beverages) and tried my best to eat breakfast daily. I have started reading bible verses (almost) daily and attending mass at least once a month.
December 29, 2011
December 18, 2011
September 17, 2011
September 10, 2011
July 29, 2011
July 23, 2011
July 9, 2011
June 29, 2011
June 27, 2011
April 28, 2011
Cross posted from the blog of GTUG Philippines.
To help out the Philippine Red Cross and the community, in general; GTUG Philippines will be sponsoring a mapping party. It will be held on May 21, 2011 (1:00 to 5:00 PM) at Redfox Innovative Technologies Center, 26 Dona Hemady Ave., Barangay Marianas, New Manila, Quezon City (right across Jubbilee Christian Academy) [Map]
The venue will only be able to accommodate a maximum of 35 attendees. Sign-up now here. We will notify via e-mail to confirm if you will be part of the participants. If you will not be selected, don't fret, you can still help in the efforts by going to http://www.google.com/mapmaker.
For more information, visit the project site here.
April 12, 2011
April 2, 2011
Early last year, I started some running/jogging but I wasn't able to make it a habit. Maybe because, we used to run early in the morning and I am not yet that serious in running. That time, we run/jog in Legaspi Active Park in Legaspi Village, Makati. We planned to join a run but that did not happen due to a lot of circumstances.
I started running on Cavite State University Naic's Unang Takbo para sa Ginintuang Anibersaryo (First Run for the Golden Anniversary). It was a 5k run to kick off the 50th anniversary of the school. To prepare for the event, I started reading about running and watching some videos. I also asked a friend, Brian, to give me tips and techniques. He is now my running mentor/buddy. It took me 39 minutes and 50 seconds to finish running the 5 kilometer distance. This started my "running career." After the run, I became serious in running. I wanted to continue running and join other running events. I even dreamt of running a full marathon someday.
I'm recording my runs in my DailyMile account. I also registered for an account in the Takbo.ph forum and started to read forum posts there. I have been trying to make running at least twice a week (preferably Tuesday and Thursday) a habit.
I have also registered in Takbo.ph NightFest 2011. It will be on April 9, 2011. This will be my first 10k run, first night run, and first time to run in Filinvest Alabang. If it goes well, I'll be challenging myself (again) on a 16k run by July.
March 5, 2011
I had been more serious in running and I'm recording my runs in my DailyMile account. Brian Tan Seng is now my running mentor. He's giving me tips and techniques, aside from the training program. Now, I'm trying my best to run twice in a week, every Tuesday and Thursday. I'm also planning to run 10k in April. Also, I started to read more about running. After being fixed by Takbo.ph, I registered in their forum and started to read posts there.
I am also rebooting the project I started last year, CvSEA. It is my proposed student election app for Cavite State University Naic. I temporarily stopped development because the talks has not yet been finalized. I'm also planning to reboot another personal project and to continue studying what I had started last year.
I created an account in About.Me. It is still new and I'll be updating it in the coming days. Finally, I accomplished some of my personal goals that took me so long to do.
February 12, 2011
I'm not really into running, although I had spent some serious time jogging since last year. I also wanted to participate in a run but didn't have the time back then. Even the supposedly early morning jogging has been almost forgotten. Not until I learn about the run sponsored by Cavite State University Naic Campus on its 50th anniversary.
Dubbed as "Unang Takbo para sa Ginintuang Anibersaryo" (First Run for the Golden Anniversary), it is a 5 kilometer fun run which will start at the Naic Petron Service Center and end at the campus. The fun run will be on Monday, February 14. (I don't know why they scheduled this on a Monday. I had to file a leave just to join.)
This will be the first time for me to join a run. At first, I'm not really serious about it. I just wanted to be there to try running. However, as the date for the run nears, I began to be more serious not only on the run itself but on running in general. I even asked Brian Tan Seng for tips and suggestions. I'm now reading about running and planning to join more (and longer) runs soon. I also created an account in DailyMile and soon in other running-related sites, as well.
I planned to do some practice runs before the event but I only had two, last February 5 and today. I was able to run 5k in 45 minutes. I'm hoping I can beat that on Monday. I'll update this or create a new post about the results of the run.
I had finished the 5k run in 39 minutes and 50 seconds. I"ll be uploading some pictures once I get them.
Before the run, I was a little bit excited and nervous. But my goal was just to finish the run. I did not care about the people who overran me. It feels great to finish the run. More than 300 particiants joined and I think I'm in the upper 10-25%. However, I am not that satisfied with the results. There were some times when I was just walking. I should run at a more sustainable pace. Also, I felt dehydrated even before I reached the middle of the route. I need to focus on this on my next runs.
The 5k run is a great start for me. It made me more serious in running. I plan to continue running and joining more runs soon. Now, I'm also starting to dream of running a full marathon someday.
January 28, 2011
Last January 26, the Google Technology Users Group Philippines (GTUGPH) had its first meetup for the year at the Orange and Bronze office. It was a show-and-tell meetup where group members demo and present their apps built using Google Technologies.
During the meetup, I presented the GTUG Philippines Chrome Extension, a Google Chrome extension for users who want to be updated about the latest in the group. Users can view the latest posts in the group blog, the calendar of group events, updates from the group Twitter account, and useful links. It was my first time to present something and I was a little bit shy.
Aside from me, the following are the persons who presented their apps in the meetup:
It was the first show-and-tell meetup of the group and there might be more of this kind soon. For details, you can check out the blog of GTUG Philippines.
January 14, 2011
The Google Technology Users Group Philippines will have its first meetup on January 26, 2011 (6:00 PM) at the Orange and Bronze Software Labs office. It will be a show-and-tell of apps developed using Google Technologies.
Those who want to attend should sign-up here.
January 7, 2011
I just published my first Google Chrome Extension: the GTUG Philippines Chrome Extension. The extension is now available at https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pbpopomlbomjpbmpfigaogeodiemmjbm or you can search for it in the Chrome Webstore.
Using this extension, you can view the latest posts in the group blog, the calendar of group events and useful GTUG Philippines links. As of now, the extension is just an initial version and I have a lot of plans on improving it. I am also very much open for comments and suggestions. After publishing my first Chrome Extension, I am thinking of doing more.
I just updated the Chrome Extension (now at version 1.1). There were only a few changes, mostly on the design. I am currently working on adding Twitter and Mailing List feeds, and will add other features soon.
I had uploaded the new version (1.2) of the GTUG Philippines Chrome Extension. It now has the Twitter feeds and there were some minor changes.
The Chrome Extension is now at version 1.3. I added avatars in the Twitter widget, moved images in a separate directory and added LinkedIn Group URL.
I continued the development of the Chrome Extension. I added the mailing list feeds and a few other changes. the latest version is now 1.4.